Fire Safety Tips and Checklists
January 1, 2021
Fire Safety Tips
If you answer no to any of these questions, you and your property may be a target for burglars.
- Does your home always appear lived in?
- Do You have dead-bolt locks on all doors?
- Are the pins in the hinges to your doorways secured?
- Do you have good locks or latches on all your windows?
- Do you keep control of house keys and never leave them hidden outside your home?
- Are you present when having keys made?
- Are all doors and windows locked, including garage doors?
- Do you remove items such as ladders, which allow easy access to second storey windows, from around your house?
- Do you lock-up your tools? Burglars may use them to break into your home.
- When you go out, do you leave lights on and a radio playing?
- Is the exterior of your house well lit, both when you're home and when out of the house?
- When visiting the cottage or on vacation, do you have a timer to turn lights on and off and ask a neighbour to cut your grass or remove snow?
- Do you keep bonds, large quantities of money, expensive jewellery in a safety deposit box?